New for fair 2020!
Due to the excessive use of wood chips in recent years, the Fair Board will no longer be providing wood chips for exhibitors. The Fair Board will bed the the pens at the beginning of fair and it will be the exhibitors responsibility to provide their own wood chips and bed them after that. Exhibitors may only use wood chips, no hay, straw, or other types of bedding. Any questions, please contact a fair board member or the extension office.
2020 Antelope County Fair Schedule of 4-H Events*
**All shooting sports events are subject to change of date, time and/or place.**
Sunday, July 12
- 8:00 a.m. Shooting Sports County Shoot- Archery, BB Gun, Air Rifle, Trap, & .22 Rifle (At their respective ranges. BB Gun and Air Rifle at Fair Exhibit Building)
Monday, July 20
6:30 p.m. – Pre Fair Clean Up
Friday, July 24
- Clothing & Quilt Quest Entry Day/Judging (Fairgrounds Exhibit Building). No Interviews.
- Style Revue (Fairgrounds Exhibit Building)- Interview Times for Style Review will be assigned.
- Photography Judging (Fairgrounds Exhibit Building). No Interviews.
Monday, July 27
- Check In: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- Show Time: 8:30 a.m. – End
- Check In: 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Show Time: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Check In: 11:30 a.m. (During Cat Show)
- Show Time: 12:00 p.m. (Immediately Following Cat Show)
6:30 p.m. – Pre Fair Clean Up
Tuesday, July 28
- Check In: 8:00 a.m.
- Show Time: 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Check In: 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 (In Exhibit Building
- Show Time: 9:00 a.m.-12:00 (In Exhibit Building)
- Check In: 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. (Poultry Barn)
- Show Time: 1:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Show (Livestock Show Ring)
- 4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. (Exhibit Building-West Side). If showing poultry can set up your table in morning.
Wednesday, July 29
9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Entry Day for Static and Clover Kid Exhibits. No Interviews this year, including Clover Kids.
- Curb Style Drop Off – 4-H & FFA member can select 1 project to take a picture with before project is entered.
- Check in: 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Show Time: 2:30 p.m.
Thursday, July 30
- Check In: 8:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m.
- Show Time: 10:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Check In: 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Show Time: 4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Friday, July 31
Bucket Calves & Beef Shows:
- Check In: 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- Bucket Calf Show Time (This includes Clover Kids): 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (Interviews are TBD)
- Beef Show Time: 2:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Swine Check in & Weigh In:
- 8:30 p.m. -10:00 p.m. (Will be weighed coming off trailer)
Saturday, August 1
- Show Time: 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 2
12:30 p.m. Award/Public Fashion Revue
Tuesday, August 4
6:30 p.m. – Post Fair Clean Up
NOTE: All exhibitors are required to clean up their exhibit and/or stall area before they can leave from the fair on Sunday. This means that all barns must be cleaned – wood chips and manure must be placed in designated areas.
*Not all events are set yet. Check back for updates as they become available
4-H is an educational program that helps young people develop new skills, explore possible career choices and serve their communities. It is one of the largest and most respected youth organizations in the world! 4-H is a community of young people, ages 5-19, who are learning leadership, citizenship, and life skills. 4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential by working and learning in partnership with community members. Youth between the ages of 8 and 18 by January 1 of the current year may join 4-H. The Clover Kid program is for children age 5-7 as of January 1 and features educational projects and activities that are non-competitive. Youth may join a club in their area or may be an independent member.
The 4-H Fairbook lists all the available projects with the rules and regulations for 4-H & FFA exhibitors.